Bittrex Continues to Build for the Future
Thus far, 2022 has been challenging for the crypto ecosystem, in conjunction with the larger global economy. The next few months and years will provide a substantial opportunity for the crypto world to continue to evolve, adapt, and build a better open financial system.
The crypto companies most dedicated to doing business the right way will have staying power through good and bad cycles. Founded in 2014 as one of the first regulated exchanges, Bittrex has weathered storms like these before. Bittrex will continue to…
- Invest millions of dollars annually in security and compliance staffing and technology;
- Dedicate resources to safety and soundness measures including rigorous financial audits, security testing, SOC 2 examinations, internal audit, insurance, and consumer protection measures;
- Ensure that our product listings meet our strict technical, security, utility, legal, and compliance standards;
- Educate users about the risks of using cryptocurrency and provide the best tools available to mitigate those risks;
- Expand and improve our customer support capabilities;
- Actively communicate with our regulators in 46 states and federal agencies;
- Cooperate with law enforcement;
- Prevent, detect, and report financial crimes to the best of our ability;
- Engage in sustainable growth and hiring; and
- Remain an active leader in working with industry groups such as Chamber of Digital Commerce, Anti-Human Trafficking Intelligence Initiative, and the Travel Rule Universal Solution Technology working group.
We are thankful for our staff, customers, vendors, developers, and partners that have supported Bittrex’s growth and will help see our business through our next chapter. Great things await our company and industry, and we look forward to continuing to provide a secure, trusted exchange platform for our customers well into the future.
Mike Carter, PMP, CAMS, CFE
Chief Compliance Officer